I am trying to use this programme that goes by the name xSQL Profiler but the problem is that it keeps giving me a error where it says:
Trace mietrak did not start. Please check if the Trace File Path You specified for each Sql Server exists. Also check if you can connect to the Sql Server and have ALTER TRACE permissions.
This error pops up when i try to play my trace.
So what i did is the following:
- I checked if the data path was correct and if it existed and it did
- I logged in as a sa on the SQL management studio and clicked on the security tab then the log in tab then the login for the machine i was using witch was production\production-server and under securable i granted it access to Alter trace
- after my second step failed i decided to let the program log in as a sa by choosing the SQL server authenticated mode and it still gave me the same error
- I reinstalled the program twice and followed all steps precise to no victory
- I then tried another profiler and it worked perfectly just to test if there is maybe some kind of SQL related issue
So now you are thinking why am i not just using the Profiler that works and that is because it does not offer all of the Features that xSQL does.
So please if any one has a solution or knows of a free profiler that is as good and offers the same features as xSQL please help.