Note: Due to low reputation I can't post images so i have added the links accordingly.
I have this assignment I'm working and I am stuck in a recursive relationship, following is part of the case scenario that I am currently modelling;
Now, from the first Three paragraphs i have deducted the following business rules;
- Employee is allocated ONE branch and a branch employs ONE or MANY employees
- Each branch is designated ONE manager and ONE assistant manager
- Employee is managed by ONE manager and supervised by ONE assistant manager
- Employee submits ZERO, ONE or MANY previous employment records, a instance of a record is associated to ONE employee only
- Employee is assigned ONE job position only, a job position can be assigned to ONE or MANY employees
(note: I have assumed in rule n.2 that a branch is also designated an assistant manager)
And now this is the ERD diagram for the above rules;
So from the scenario, the assistant manager only supervises the staff, but it does not say that it has any relationship with the branch entity, however i assumed that a branch should have a relationship with the the manager and the assistant manager, but i am a bit confused so i havent added it yet to the erd diagram. Can you guys help me out?