We are migrating from an old SAN to a new SAN and need to migrate our SQL Server instance to new LUNs. We are able to migrate the data without any problem, but the SQL Server instance itself is clustered (single instance) and the clustered disks must also be migrated to the new SAN.
Paths are as follows:
- Create LUNs on new SAN.
- Present new LUNs to the cluster.
- Copy everything from old clustered disk resource to new clustered disk resource.
- Rename OLD disk resource to something.
- Rename NEW disk resource to OLD name.
- Cross fingers.
- Reinstall OS/Sql on the cluster.
We will have to do this for 13 instances.