We are migrating from an old SAN to a new SAN and need to migrate our Sql instance to new LUNs. We are able to migrate the data without any problem, but the Sql instance itself is clustered (Active/Passive) and the clustered disks must also be migrated to the new SAN.
Paths are as follows:
- Create LUNs on new SAN.
- Present new LUNs to the cluster.
- Copy everything from old clustered disk resource to new clustered disk resource.
- Rename OLD disk resource to something.
- Rename NEW disk resource to OLD name.
- Cross fingers.
- Reinstall OS/Sql on the cluster.
We will have to do this for 13 instances.