This is the first time I've made an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for MySQL.
Prior to this, I would never create relationships between tables, I would simply create the tables in MySQLAdmin and do the linking in my PHP/MySQL code.
Is there a reason why I should create these relationships?
I have read a lot of info on database design and relationships.
I want to be sure the ERD I've created is correct; did I make mistakes? Or are there better ways to do this?
What my database should do:
- I have a list of users (users) that can create tickets (issue_tickets).
- They will give a description of the problem, maybe add some files (issue_files).
- Then other users (issue_watchers) will be attached to solve the problem.
- All the users (users) can comment on a ticket (issue_tickets).
- A ticket (issue_tickets) only has one status (issue_status) at a time.
- A ticket (issue_tickets) only has one category (issue_category).
- A ticket (issue_tickets) can have many comments (issue_comments) and many watchers (issue_watchers)
- A ticket (issue_tickets) only has one user (users) who created the ticket.
- A ticket (issue_tickets) only applies to one equipment (equipment).
- A user can create many tickets
- A equipment can have many tickets