- I've made a backup of a SQL Server database running on SQL Server 2008.
- I've restored that backup into a SQL Server 2012 instance.
- I've set the compatibility level on the restored instance to SQL Server 2012 (110).
What does this do to the database?
Does it, for example,
- cause stored procedures to be examined for incompatibilities
- cause any updates to all of the data pages in the database
- Cause updates to to datapages as the are accessed in the future
- Cause errors in the future if stored procedures or views are executed that use incompatible syntax
Where in books on line, or else where, can I find more detail?