I wish to create a LogShipping job that runs every 5 minutes. What is the best way to do this so that the backup/copy/restore does not collide?
Maybe Sql server knows how to handle this, but I was concerned if I put 5 mins into all of the scheduled times, that I would get some sort of conflict.
i.e. would this create a problem?
- Primary server: starts backup at 9am
- Secondary server: starts copy at 9am
- Secondary server: starts restore at 9am
Would staggering them be a better idea?
- Primary server: starts backup at 9:00am
- Secondary server: starts copy at 9:01am
- Secondary server: starts restore at 9:02am
The database is only approx 200mb in backup size and the two sql servers are running on the same local network.