I'm planning to import and update a huge table (3 Bil. rows) in the following step:
- create table with fill factor x
- import the data from csv files (6 files, ~21GB each)
- add a BIGSERIAL column
- create index for the BIGSERIAL column
- cluster the table by the BIGSERIAL column?
- update one column in the table in batches specified by a range of the BIGSERIAL column
It's a huge operation for me, so I really need your advice on the fill factor x I need to set in step 1, so that it'll have the best impact on the subsequent steps. All columns in the table definition are fixed size. Step 6 is supposed to be most CPU-intensive, since it involves spatial queries (postGIS).