Database Administrators Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for database professionals who wish to improve their database skills and learn from others in the community. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a table with a timestamp field called "time".

I have many records in this table and "time" has value like: 1343296642, 1343308689...

I need to run a query to subtract 2 years of time to those value.

Can I do this.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Perhaps this UPDATE may do it:

UPDATE tablename SET `time` = `time` - INTERVAL 2 YEAR;
share|improve this answer
I´ll try it.... – chefnelone Jul 27 '12 at 13:56

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.