PostgreSQL 9.1 vs MySQL 5.6 with InnoDB. I do know that PostgreSQL offers better SQL features.
I am currently using MySQL 5.6 lab release (the one with InnoDb full text search feature)(not in production). I still find some features missing especially WRT GIS features, activation of triggers for on cascade deletion etc.
I have been testing out PostgreSQl 9.1 and am impressed by the support it has for GIS(PostGIS 2.0).
Now, Which of the above is better for scaling?
Scaling out as well as
I need to scale for :
- around 100k users(the users will increase)
- with about 500 concurrent users(will increase say 1000-10000 concurrent).
- The DB has about 2 million entries(constantly accessed) right now which will increase.
- With constant writes/reads to the table with 2 million entries right now.
- SQL, right now, is not too complex with a join to a max of 3 tables.
- I am thinking of horizontal as well as vertical scaling.