In SQL Server Management Studio for SQL Server 2008, I do the following:
- In the Object Explorer windows, right click on the database
- Choose Tasks -> Back Up...
- The Back Up Database windows appears. I choose 'Disk' under Destination
- I choose 'Add...' under destination
- The Select Backup Destination window appears. I choose '...'
- The Locate Database Files window appears.
Now I want to save it to a network drive, but there are only three drives to choose from (C,G,H). But in any other place in windows there are C, and the network drives K, Q and Z. Why can't I save it on a network drive? And what is drive G and H? I'm fine with saving it on G or H, but where is it and how much space is left on these drives?