I believe the steps necessary would be:
- Generate scripts to "create or enable" (including replication jobs) by right clicking the subscription in question in "local subscriptions" and saving the file generated.
- Delete the replication on the subscribing side.
- Backup the subscribed database
- Restore the subscribed database
- Run generated script to restore replication
I'm afraid I'm missing something here. E.g.: There exists a backlog of existing replication files. Will they disappear all by themselves once all subscribers are removed? etc.