I am receiving errors when I try to run a distributed query against different SQL Server 2008 R2. At first I thought this might be cause the servers have been set up on a VM using a clone but after I discovered that I could run this query on SQL Server 2000 but it fails on a SQL Server 2008 R2 on the same server I am beginning to think that there is something I am just missing.
It does run without any issues on another developers network but it isn't running VMs
Steps I have done so far:
- Totally uninstalled MS-DTC, rebooted and installed MS-DTC and another reboot.
- Ran Dtcping - no errors
- Checked to make sure there are no duplicate SIDs
- Asked my non geek wife. She changed the subject to shopping
- Rechecked the link servers - everything checks out.
- Ran profiler on the transaction - no information given.
- Checked the MS-DTC on production boxes to look for anything I might have missed. Also checked out from
sp_configurefrom production boxes to look for anything that I might have missed.
- uninstalled/reinstalled MSDTC just in case.
- Made sure that the security on DTC isn't stopping me from doing anything.
- Firewalls are off on every server I had played with.
- Got caught googling MSDTC on my phone while having lunch with my wife.
- Updated my servers for with any missing patches.
- Talked to my dog about it. At least he listen but didn't have any answers.
- Picked up everything and tried it on a different server. No change.
- Read the logs from MSDTC to find out that the parent node is the one asking for the abort request