I have developed a Java program which works with SQL Server as it's database. I have installed SQL Server 2012 Enterprise edition on my Windows and designed the database via SQL Server Management Studio; for example: I have designed its tables, have set a backup schedule and it takes a backup from itself every 24hs once, and other features.
Which version of SQL Server Express should be installed on a user's Windows computer so that not only can my program connect to a local db and work with that, but also the other proscribed database features (like backup schedule) would work?
The database and Java program are going to be on the same computer.
The criteria I have for chosing a database edition are
- My database has some tables
- The Java program is going to insert, update, delete, select, and add columns to tables
- iReport will be used to report on the data, in addition to the Java application
- The database file is set so that it can not be deleted
- It has a scheduled backup and nothing else