I just need to know about Stored Procedures and Functions in MySQL.
While I designing a database for an eCommerce website, I was in a situation to write stored procedure for my database, this is new to me, so I just search in the Google and I came to know about the Functions in MySQL and it has some limitations when compared to Stored Procedures.
I need to know the answer for following questions,
- What are difference between Stored Procedure and Stored Function?
- When to use Stored Procedure and Function?
- What are the Function's limitation in MySQL?
- Is there any performance variation by using these routines?
- As a beginner which is the best practice in using these stored routines?
Note: I am just a beginner in MySQL, so please keep this in mind while answering the questions.