Using SQL Server 2012 on Windows 2008 R2
I have been getting errors in SQL Logs for failed login for NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.
All of SQL Server's services are running under their own Domain accounts, except for SQL Server Browser service. Once I had shut down this service, the errors immediately stopped and so I believe this was the cause.
I believe there are three(3) solutions to this:
- Giving database permissions to NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE account
- Running this service under a different account
- Using a non-dynamic port and disabling this service
However, here are my questions :
- Why is this service attempting to logon to databases? I thought, its purpose was simply to allow users to logon to SQL server using an alias instead of IP address
- What is the best solution to this error?