Here is my database design. I've been doing a lot of reading and still don't really know what I'm doing. Hoping you guys had tips!
- My DB will have millions of entries.
- Many "People" rows will have null values below idCounty and some rows will be half null.
- DB is written to once, never updated. Read many times and mostly queried through exact idPeople
- To make first,middle,last name searchable, should I make them Primary Keys?
- How would I allow to search through ItemCode.codeSection and return all "People" that match?
- I hope I understand the foreign key concept. It's on the "Item" table so it allows multiple items per "People". Is this the correct way?
- There will be separate lists for different counties, should I create a View for this?
Any tips that would make this better in this scenario are welcome. Please keep in mind that I'm not doing any updates or changes to rows, just the initial record creation and later lookup.