I have a network of 10 PCs and 1 Server. I installed MySQL Community Server v5.6.10 64-bit on the Server, and all the PCs are Windows XP, using ODBC Connection 5.2(a).
Some of the PC (previously it was 3, now become 4) cannot connect to the MySQL at a certain time, which is 2.00 pm. Before, it was OK, the client can connect to the Server normally, but at 2.00 pm, those PC cannot connect anymore, with this error:
Your connection attempt failed for user xxx@xxx from your host to server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx. Cannot connect to MySQL Server on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (10055) Please: 1. Check that mysql is running on server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2. Check that mysql is running on port xxxx 3. Check the xxxxxx has rights to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from your address (mysql rights define what clients can connect to the server and from which machines) 4. Make sure you are both providing a password if needed and using the correct password for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx connection from the host address you're connecting from
From the above error message:
- I already check that mysql is running (other PC can access it normally)
- I also check MySQL to run in port xxxx
- I also check the user xxxxxx has rights to connect (because it can connect to the server before 2 pm)
- I also check the password has been provided correctly
- I also check the maximum number of connection in my.ini, which I set to 0 (unlimited connection)
- I also check the network connection, but find no problem since I can still ping the server and other PC
The only action I do to make everything work again is by restarting the PC (client), however, I don't want such solution. I want to know what's the cause, is it because of the ODBC connector, the PC, or any other reason. Could anyone give me some hints on what I should check?