I'm working on a "Event Management System" Online Software Project where the system requires the following:
- Viewers can sign up for their user account
- Events can be created by the admin from the admin panel
- Each event requires that the student has a set of attributes
- The required attribute for an event may or may not exist in the user's details table
- When the user wants to apply for participation in an event, the system will prompt for the missing attributes
- Once the user fills in the missing attributes, the system will accept an application for the event, from the user.
To solve this one I created the following tables.
- users (user_id [PK], username, password, user_level)
- userdetails (user_id [FK], name, address, attr1, attr2, attr3, ... , attrN)
- event (event_id [PK], event_start, event_end, event_title)
- eventdetails (event_id [FK], ... )
How do I relate the eventdetails and the userdetails, such that the eventdetails
requires a tuple of n attributes from the userdetails table?
I was thinking something like:
The system will add n colums to the userdetails field as soon as a new event is
created by the admin.
Am i thinking in the proper way?