I want my DB to send the data to the client in an encrypted way. I Googled and found that Oracle has SSL. Unfortunately, I can't find a step by step tutorial which explains how to create a self-signed certificate, configure SSL on DB side, configure SSL on client side and test it.
Please, share your knowledge with me.
Thank you in advance.
- Run Oracle Wallet Manager on DB server.
- Create New wallet.
- Create New Certificate Request.
- Exported Certificate Request.
- Using ssl.ca-0.1 (Downloaded from http://www.openssl.org/contrib/) created self-signed root certificate using
new-root-ca.shand imported as a trusted certificate on DB server.
- Created self-signed server certificate by running the
sign-server-cert.shand imported as an user certificate on DB server.
Here I am confused , .... don't know how to configure client side
In ssl.ca-0.1 there is also files
sign-user-cert.sh, for what they are used I don't understand.
Tried to run them using the same certification request that was exported from DB server and tried to import it on the client wallet AM I WRONG?
May be yes, because it doesn't import user certificate... I am really confused don't understand the main idea.
I copied wallet generated on DB server on the client side wallet location, AM I RIGHT?