I’m trying to set up backup strategy for a production postgreSQL DB. It will have large amount of data and it should be running 24 X 7. Could you recommend some backup & recovery strategies that can meet the following criteria?
- Large amount data (about over 200GB).
- Hot backup (online backup)
- Minimum Impact on the DB performance.
- Minimum restore time.
- Allow PITR(Point-In-Time Recovery)
- Can we execute backup with above criteria on slave server of replication?
- If you know backup strategy using storage snapshot, Could you let me know?