I have a Windows based dedicated server have below configuration:
Windows edition: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Service Pack 1 Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5460 @3.16GHZ 3.16 GHZ (2 Processors) Installed Memory(RAM): 8.00 GB System type: 64-Bit Operating system
Even, I am facing bad performance of my application. DB connections become high >100 and system starts running slower. It become dead when DB connection reached to around 200. While we defined MAX connection=800. I already tried multiple things like - MySQL configuration variables tuning Identified and improved the bad performing queries
Above steps helped a little bit but still facing very bad performance. It is just like I am swimming in the ocean without any expertise and life saving boat.
Now, I am planning to upgrade MySQL from 5.1 to 5.6 as well as switching from Windows to Linux. I guess as Open source - Linux must have multiple tools to measure performance and tuning tools for Windows. But, before this I want to be sure about below things:
- How much will it be useful in performance improvement?
- My application is running in dedicated Windows server. Switching application servers also required?
- Need to tune MySQL configuration variables again?
- What should be the configuration (hardware and software) of LINUX based system?
- What performance measurement and tuning tools are available for LINUX?
Many Thanks :)