Please, note that I'm limited to Materialized view replication and datapump, so my question is whether the above can be done within my specified scope:
- Ensure no transactions in the database for about 10 mins
- kick off an export at a specific time (say at 12:00hrs for example, and keep details of SCN at the time)
- Create materialized view logs and start capturing changes (during the 10 mins freeze period), so that changes not in export are tracked
- Import schema into new database.
- [and here's what I'm not sure is possible] Get replication to start from logs taken after the export on primary DB and replicate into newly imported database.
Thanks in advance for you help.
create materalized view logs and get it to start logging changes