I followed a tutorial to update My MySql 5.1 to 5.5 (actually i wanted to upgrade to 5.6, but the tutorial mentioned that i should upgrade to 5.5 first and then to 5.6).
However, after removing previous version and updating mysql configuration and path environment variable, i'm stuck at starting the server and upgrading. I'm a newbie i this field and i don't know what to do now.
These are the steps i followed:
- Stopped mysql service, Copied mysql data files and configuration files.
- Removed version 5.1.
- Downloaded 5.5 and installed it.
- Updated start-up script to register the new installation.
- Updated Path Environment Variable.
- Updated MySql Configuration.
- Made appropriate changes to path to mysql plugins directory.
- Creates mysqld symbolic link in
Now the final step was to start the server and upgrade it. So i tried
sudo /usr/sbin/mysqld --skip-grant-tables, but it says
sudo: /usr/sbin/mysqld: command not found.
i don't know what to do now. I'm stuck at this from the last 4 hours. I was following this tutorial.