Hoping you can help!
When I log into an Oracle 11g DB using SQL Developer or DBVisualizer, I can see schemas and execute queries against them.
However, when I use the same credentials to connect via an ODBC connection in Crystal Reports (2008), those schemas do not show up as being available to me.
- The ODBC connection will ultimately be created on Windows Server 2008
- I'm currently testing the ODBC connection / setup on Win7 Enterprise x64
- We are connecting to the DB via LDAP, not tnsnames (no port information specified -- only the SID and user/pass)
- I can login to the database just fine in DBVisualizer and run a query against it
- The ODBC connection tests successfully after logging in with the username and password
- The connection to ODBC is successfully made by Crystal Reports; it enumerates certain system users, etc. -- just not the users I need access to (and that I have access to via a standard client)
- Our DB is managed separately by a team of DBAs, who aren't the easiest folks to reach. I can, however, get questions answered most likely.
Any thoughts on where I could start or what the issue might be? Thanks!