We have a very large database that we want to write almost real time. We want to take data and move it to another instance of the database on top of which will be a GUI and MI tool which will be able to report on the data.
I've got the following so far - does anybody else have any considerations I should bear in mind when spec'ing this:
- Data Migration / Retention Period / Legal Requirements of Storage
- Tables / Fields that need to be available in reporting database
- Permissioning / User Access
- Key fields that need to be queried
- Disaster Recovery Requirements
- Replication Timing