This is using RC0.
I have set up a SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn (or more accurately, highly-likely-but-not-always-on) Availability Group.
I take the Primary offline.
- The Secondary takes up to 25 seconds to assume the Primary role.
- Any queries that were executing at the time of failover returns an error to the client.
Can anyone who has tested this new AlwaysOn feature validate my results?
- How soon should I expect the failover to execute and complete?
- Does an executing query get resubmitted against the new Primary, or am I correct that it causes a "connection failure" type error to the client?
- Is the following form of connection string correct, i.e. no "Failover_Partner" (because this is not mirroring)?
ConnectionString=Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Server=10.10.10.10;User ID=x;Password=y;Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=z
Note: I tried the below, but all I get is "connectivity link failure" and it never recovers. One would have thought the Native client would work better?
ConnectionString=Provider=SQLNCLI11.1;Server=tcp:10.10.10.10,8888;User ID=x;Password=y;Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=z