What is happened? My client has lost the hard disk. He has to restore database.
- He has the full backup of database 15 days old.
- He has ldf (log) file of this database.
- He has NOT mdf file (it was located on that hard disk).
Does it have enough components to restore SQL Server 2008 database, if he used standard options in SQL Management Studio when he did full backup 15 days ago (still database structure has changed)? Is it possible to restore at least database structure (it's possible to regenerate data from other source) that is was actual on crash moment?
1) Is it possible to restore all database (data+structure)
2) Is it possible to restore database structure
1) The database was restored from full backup (15 days old backup)
2) Then LiteSpeed uses copy of mdf file (see previous step) and saved ldf file (log at crash moment) generates sql script of all changes (DDL/DML).
3) Then this script was applied to restored db in step 1)
Any way there were a lot of issues (bugs) of this application, but it helped to restore at least database structure changes.