Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC) is a MySQL Clustering product created by Percona that features
- High Availability
- Synchronous Replication
- MultiMaster Support
- Cluster-Wide Transaction Support for InnoDB/XtraDB
- Limited Support for MyISAM
- Ability to Add and Remove Nodes
PXC uses WriteSet Replication (created by Codership as MySQL Galera). The Galera library is already embedded at installation time in the Percona Server binaries.
Adding Nodes requires setting up
wsrep_sst_method. It can use
once a new node is introduced.
PXC adds the New node to the Database Cluster using Quorom Selection as follows:
- PXC chooses a node to volunteer as a DONOR
- DONOR goes offline
- PXC has DONOR execute the wsrep_sst_method to copy data to new Node
- DONOR comes back online
- New Node comes online
Documentation gives your limitations and gotchas, so please read documentation well.