dba.se is for those needing expert answers to advanced database-related questions concerning traditional SQL RDBMS and NoSQL alternatives.
If you have a question about...
- Database Administration including configuration and backup / restore
- Advanced Querying including window-functions, dynamic-sql, and query-performance
- Data Modelling and database-design, including referential-integrity
- Advanced Programming in built-in server-side languages including stored-procedures and triggers.
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence including etl, reporting, and olap
…then you're in the right place to ask your question!
but, dba.se is *not* the right place to ask questions about...
- Client-side programming - ask on Stack Overflow
- Basic SQL - ask on Stack Overflow
- Career advice, including salary or résumé - try Patrick McKenzie's Don't call yourself a programmer
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
Please don't "cross-post" - meaning post the same question to both Stack Overflow and DBA Stack Exchange. While our subject matters certainly overlap, this activity splinters answers and can cause unnecessary work for other users. Usually one of the copies of the question will either be deleted, or migrated / closed / merged.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for DBA Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.