Scope: To create a small distribution system on the iSeries platform. Create a series of libraries that includes code for the following:
- Customer Information File (CIF) Functionality
- Order Entry Functionality
- Purchasing Functionality
- Inventory Functionality
- Create 4 DDS Specifications for each of the 4 file groups based on the information specified.
- Create 4 DFU programs for each of the 4 files you set up with DDS specifications.
- Create 4 CL programs to run the DFU programs you have created.
Include some comments as well as a message that will appear on the screen once the menu option has been chosen. For example, if you chose Option # 1 to Enter CIF data, a message should initially appear such as - 'CIF DATA ENTRY PROGRAM IS NOW EXECUTING'
Create 3 Menus for each of the 3 departments(Order Entry/Inventory /Purchasing) with appropriate titles on each menu.
Create a main menu called MAINMENU to access the 3 department menus.
Create a Query/400 report based on the CIF file and add it to the main menu as an option.
Ensure that you have followed the 3 requirements as follows:
Create the Query as a report by choosing the 'Print' option. Format the CIF # to eliminate the ‘,’ from the number on the report. Place a Page heading on the report.
- The Main menu should include the following menu options:
Go to the 3 various ‘department’ menus Run the CIF Query program Access the Spool file Sign off
- Set up the CLP programs on the menus you have created.
The CIF Master File must only exist in one place, but all departments must be able to access the same file.
Customer Information File =>
Customer Number (5 digit numeric field) – KEY
Total Customer Order amount ($)
Order Entry File =>
Order Entry Number (6 digit numeric field) – KEY
Item Number Ordered (10 char.)
Date Ordered Quantity Ordered
Ordered By (Person's Name)
Total amount of Order ($)
Inventory File =>
Part Number (6 digit numeric field) – KEY
Quantity on hand
Out of Stock Indicator (1 byte Alpha)
Purchase File =>
Purchase Order Number (4 digit numeric field) – KEY
Total Purchase Order Amount ($)