I'm in the process of building the lab for 70-462 exam. On page 49 of the text, it provides the command to install SQL 2012 on Windows Server Core:
Setup.exe /qs /Action=install /Features=SQLEngine,IS,Conn /InstanceName=MSSQLServer /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="Contoso\kim_akers" /IAcceptSQLServerLicenseTerms
When I run this code, it appears things are running fine, the GUI window comes up and shows progress, then all the sudden it quits, the GUI goes away, and then I'm left with the following at the CLI:
The following error occurred: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error restult: -2147467261 Result facitlity code: 0 Result error code: 16387 Please review the summary.txt log for further details
I've done some searching and haven't come up with much. Further, I don't know how to access this "summary.txt" file as it isn't anywhere to be found on the C:\ drive, so I can't see what file is stating.
- This is a lab built on top of Windows 8.1 (x64) using the Hyper-V feature.
- 16 GB of RAM, with 2GB installed for each
- Huge hard drive
- 8-core CPU
- The same ISO/DVD was used to install all the graphical versions of SQL server, so I don't think it is corrupt download
- All OSes are x64 Windows Server 2008 R2
- SQL Server 2012 x64 SP1 (I've also tried with SQL 2012 minus SP1)
If anything else is needed, let me know.
Edit #1 5-10-15 1:15pm CST
When I execute the dir command in the folder suggested by Shanky, I get:
- (DIR) Datastore_ComponentUpdate
- (DIR) Datastore_GlobalRules
- (DIR) resources
- (DIR) Watson_1