I've set up a transactional replication for two databases, let's call them A & B.
Replication for the database A worked just fine and I was able to delete it afterwards without any issues.
Replication for the database B would error out and after checking the logs I found (Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'DOMAIN\someaccount', error code 0x5.).
I was going to start fresh but now I am not even able to delete it. I am trying to remove a publication from the Publisher/Distributor (both using code and via Management Studio) and getting the same error.
What concerns me is database A had no issues whatsoever, and also the fact that DOMAIN\someaccount does not appear to own any objects or be referenced within the database at all.