I have to migrate one database.
I have exact server replica. Same directory structure on target as well as source database.
Previously I have performed DB migration using export/import datapump as we don't have access to any tools. I want to ask whether I can create replica using cold backup method?
- Oracle 10.2.0.3 (On Both Source & target)
- DB is currently running in no archive mode.
Steps I am going to follow:
create pfile from spfile
shutdown normalon source db
pfileto target server
- Copy all the
rdofiles to target server (Using binary mode FTP) (
select name from v$datafile; select member from v$logfile; select name from v$controlfile)
startup pfile='<path>'on target server
- Can cold backup can be used to create replica/ DB migration?
- If I tried above process, shall i am able to start the db on target server without any errors?
- As I don't have any archive logs, will that create any problem here?