When I use SSMS to connect to a database hosted on Amazon RDS, the IDE hangs (as in goes to "Not Responding) after login. I enter SQL Authentication credentials and click Connect and the login window closes as it would for successful authentication. From there I get the "wait" cursor spinning indefinitely and the window status eventually changes to "Not Responding." The only thing I can do from there is force the application to close.
- I have checked logs through Event Viewer and there are no entries for the 5 minutes before or after the error.
- I can connect to local SQL Server databases with no errors or problems
- I have been able to connect to this database within the past month through SSMS using the same credentials
- I can connect to this database now using Visual Studio's IDE using the same credentials
- SSMS version is 11.0.3128.0