We are having database in MySQL 5.1, we have taken the DB backup from MySQL 5.1 and trying to restore in MySQL 5.6. We are getting below error:
ERROR 1118 (42000) at line 603: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs.
Found the error while creating a table. The table details are below:
1) Table is of type
2) Table is having total of 140 columns.
3) Table is having around 105 columns with datatype
4) Table is having 5 columns with datatype
I have done few comparisons/changes, but still I am getting same error:
1) Both the MySQL servers 5.1 and 5.6 are using character set =
2) I had converted the
3) I tried to create table with
row_format=dynamic, but still getting same error.
4) Tried to create the table with
ENGINE=INNODB, getting same error.
5) converted the
INNODB engine, getting same error.
6) Found in google to increase
innodb_log_file_size, which I know it is not concerned to this, still increased to 10 GB and getting same error.
7) I am able to create the table only I create with 98 columns of type varchar(255).
Are there are any other parameters to be changed for creating this table in
I am able to create this table in Linux Environment in MySQL 5.6 and 5.7. But not able to create same table in Windows with either 5.6 or 5.7. I am using Windows 64 bit. What is the difference between Linux and Windows for creating same table ?