I am considering to set up a MySQL database via amazon web services (AWS). Consider the following steps which characterize my workflow:
- There is a daily data inflow into several AWS EC2 instances
- On each EC2 instance, incoming data is stored in a RData file (tabular format)
- RData files from all EC2 instances should be exported as tables to a central database (file size is relatively small, less than 10 MB per file)
- Using R/RStudio, data cleaning and data aggregation routines need to be performed on the central database
- All steps must be automated via cron jobs
Steps 3 and 4 are my main concern.
Is this a standard work flow which can be integrated easily with Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)?
Or should I consider a different approach (for example, running the SQL database on a separate EC2)?