I have two databases for two companies. Company A's database contains domain data. The other company is pulling the data using snapshot replication. We have used FTP to communicate:
- Created FTP server on IIS in Window Server 2014
- Added the certificate to the Server
- Created the replication publisher and given the FTP account information
- It is working perfectly without the FTP server
- IIS set the certificate and the required SSL connection now it is not working
- This data is two company data and we want communication done using FTPS
It is not working, we don't want to use VPN. We got a link from MSDN and it is saying:
If you use SSL to secure the connections between computers in a replication topology, specify a value of 1 or 2 for the -EncryptionLevel parameter of each replication agent (a value of 2 is recommended). A value of 1 specifies that encryption is used, but the agent does not verify that the SSL server certificate is signed by a trusted issuer; a value of 2 specifies that the certificate is verified. Agent parameters can be specified in agent profiles and on the command line.
So where can I set this
This is the test cases to connect to the server:
- We have changed the Server name during the login ftps://Domain.com
- Change the port 990 and open the port still not worked
In short, I want to use FTPS for communication.
I can communicate over FTP. I am working on SQL Server 2014.