I'm migrating from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2014. Can someone tell me if my approach will work?
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- Windows 2008 R2
Steps to Migrate from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2014:
- Get clean install of Windows Server 2012
- Install SQL Server 2014 Standard x64
- Backup and restore SQL Server 2008 R2 databases to the 2014 instance
- Import SSIS packages into SQL Server 2014
- Do conversion of DTS packages to SSIS packages in SQL Server 2014
In theory will this work? I don't want to do an in-place upgrade. I can't because I'm going from a physical server to a virtual server as well as doing an OS upgrade.