Just upgraded to SQL Server 2016 from SQL Server 2014 SP1 CU4.
This is a clustered instance
I am no longer able to use xp_readerrorlog and xp_enumerrorlog
Msg 22004, Level 16, State 1, Line 10 Failed to open loopback connection. Please see event log for more information. Msg 22004, Level 16, State 1, Line 10 Error log location not found.
Found this link: Unable to open SQL Server Logs
- I can open the error logs manually via file explorer
- The startup parameters for SQL Server Service indicate the right location for the error logs.
- Running repair on the instance didn't resolve the problem
- Disabling Shared Memory for the instance didn't resolve the problem.
- rebooting after all these issues and repairs didn't help
- No aliases are being used to connect to this instance
- 127.0.0.1 is in the hosts file
Basically they are saying to repair the instance.
Any other options?