I don't know why writes on my tempdb data files are extremely slow. ms/write on each of the tempdb data files reaches to more than 800 ms!!! that's even after I moved the 8 equally sized (7GB) tempdb data files to separate drive on the HP StoreVirtual 4530 40TB SAS Storage SAN we have. The SQL Server we have is Standard 2008R2. hosted on 8 cores 80GB memory virtual machine. I would like to note that the top ten waits I have on that instance are:
- CXPACKET avg:0.0011sec
- WRITELOG avg:0.0149sec
- PAGEIOLATCH_SH avg: 0.0080sec
- IO_COMPLETION avg: 0.0103sec
- PREEMPTIVE_OS_PIPEOPS avg: 5.1728sec
- ASYNC_IO_COMPLETION avg: 32.6180sec
- BACKUPBUFFER avg: 0.0144sec
- BACKUPIO avg: 0.0113sec
- ASYNC_NETWORK_IO avg: 0.0007sec
- PAGEIOLATCH_EX avg: 0.0291sec
Most of the other databases data files average around 30ms per write (some of them reaches more than 100ms.
What to do? what to search?