I have two computers running SQL Server 2008 Express: c01 and c02, I setup both for remote connection using windows authentication. Worked fine for c02 but not for c01.
This is the error message I'm getting:
Cannot connect to ACAMP001\SQLEXPRESS.
Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?>ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=18452&LinkId=20476
I don't know if I'm missing something, here is what I did:
- Enabled TCP/IP protocol for client from Sql Server Configuration Manager.
- Modified Windows firewall exceptions for respective ports.
- Started the Sql Browser service as a local service
- Added Windows user to this group: "SQLServerMSSQLUser$c01$SQLEXPRESS"
- From Management Studio, I added "SQLServerMSSQLUser$c01$SQLEXPRESS" to SQLEXPRESS instance's logins under security folder, and I granted sysadmin permissions to it.
- Restarted c01\SQLEXPRESS
- Restarted Sql Browser service.
- There is no domain here. It's only a workgroup.
Please any help is appreciated, Thank you.