I have a very simple setup: 1 master with 2 slaves. I stopped replication on one of the slaves (with the slave mysqld still running) and changed a row on the master. I have also kept all slaves and the master running and just changed data on the slave.
pt-table-checksum --databases=db_main --user=user --pass='pass' but do not get any differences.
I read the documentation a few times, but can't seem to find what I might be missing.
Extra info: the storage engine is InnoDB, the master is on MySQL and slaves on MariaDB. Full replication with slaves set as read-only. Permissions are correct.
I want to make sure the tool is working as expected. We had a slave stop running and I ran
pt-table-checksum. It told me there was no difference in data (which was obviously false). I want to make sure
pt-table-checksum is working as expected, but I have not been able to create a test where
pt-table-checksum actually detects a difference.
Just now I changed data on the running slave (so data is different in slave and master). When I run
pt-table-checksum on that database, I don't see any "diffs". Because it is a mature tool, I assume I am doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is.