- Seeing this wait increase and very high, which it never shows up as a wait.
- Users don't get back to the database when they make requests - it takes a while before they land on the database and when they do, they get an immediate resolution to query/insert/etc.
- It really appears there's an issue with the users getting confirmed before querying - this is just a guess based on some reading. Microsoft provides nothing on this wait that I can find.
- The normal volume for users dropped 99% when this wait took off.
- Developers seeing "you are not authorized to access microsoft iis" on their end - but we've checked disk space on all servers, which is fine.
What we've done:
- Restarted all servers - SQL and web.
- CPU, memory, disk all seem fine on SQL Server.
- This wait continues to increase.
- Error log doesn't show any abnormal behavior.
Overview of issue: people will run a query on the website, we don't see it on the back-end until much later, when I do see it, it runs immediately and they get their result. There seems to be a delay from the intermediate server to the database server, possibly related to authentication (a guess based on this wait). It's possible this wait is completely unrelated, but it continues to increase and I've never seen this.