Tried to change the data directory for a default Windows installation of MySQL. Here's the steps I've taken.
- Stopped the MySql service.
- Located the data directory of MySql and moved it to another drive, ensuring the path name had no spaces.
- Made a copy of the my-default.ini file in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7 then renamed it to my.ini and edited it to look like this:
[mysqld] datadir = F:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQLServer\Data
- Copied the contents of the original data folder into this new data folder.
- The MySql Service is running under the NETWORK SERVICE user, so I have given this user full control permission on the new folder.
- Deleted the original data folder.
- MySql Service fails to start, with no useful error messages appearing in the windows event logs.
As far as I know, the MySql error logs are located in the datadir, so it's not much help looking there?
How can I find and fix what I've done wrong?