We currently have the following environment
Source data center:
1) OS: Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.7
2) DB: Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 10.2.0.1.0
3) Server Type: Physical Server
4) Data Size: 450 GB(used)/ 2 TB (allocated)
Target data center:
1) OS: RHEL 6.8
2) DB: Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 10.2.0.4.0
3) Server Type: Virtual on top of VMWare
WAN connection between Source and Target Data Center is 10 Gbps
At the moment there are no Tape library on Target Data Center
We want to copy the database to Target Data Center without stopping production application on Source Data Center (online copy).
Once database has been copied to target Data Center, we will do functional testing on target Data Center.
After the result from functional testing is confirmed okay then we will do cut over to Target Data Center with maximum 4 hours downtime allowed.
We have tried the following methods:
1) impdp - network link: failed, since the production need to be stopped
2) RMAN duplicate database: failed, since source db and target db is in different release
Tried to install same Oracle release on target Data Center but the prerequisites from oracle said that we should downgrade the OS first to RHEL 5.7 (latest supported OS to run Oracle 184.108.40.206) and then upgrade to RHEL 6.8 after data migration.
After checking with Red Hat, it is also not possible to downgrade to RHEL 5.7 and upgrade later to RHEL 6.8 as Red Hat said that it is major upgrade and should be performed with fresh install then migrate the OS settings.
Need advise on what is the best possible solution for this situation? FYI, Oracle Golden Gate solutions is out of question since we currently do not have allocated budget to purchase additional tools.
Thank you and best regards,