I have an odd problem. The company has used an ODBC connection for a desktop MDB program to connect to SQL Server. The ODBC connects using a SQL Server account to authenticate. It has worked without issue in the past.
Recently, it appears any new domain account does not connect. They always fail for an connection timeout error. I've tried creating brand new account, I've tried creating an account by "Copy as" and they still get a timeout error.
One additional twist, the first time I discovered this error, last week, was when I was moving a user to a different computer. The ODBC connection worked on her old computer but when logging on the new one, it timed out but still worked on her old computer. I also tried logging the user in on MY computer and her profile does a timeout.
I've tried rebooting the Domain Controller as well as the SQL Server. No changes on the network or any server.