My team has developed service software with a PHP framework, so we are flexible to change database engine: MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. We have already more than 30 customers who wait to start using this service. My uncertainties are following:
- Which DB engine is the best for use in such situations?
- Is there also MySQL ok. or better to use PostgreSQL?
- We use AWS so we plan to have own machine for DB hosting, is this the right decision?
- Database will grow up to 10 GB in year.
- Lots of selects but also inserts
- Storing many texts and numbers. Files and images are stored on other storage.
- Need 24/7 availability