- RMAN backp where made in this folder:
- Database was accidentally erased.
- For weird reason, backup pieces are no longer in
/xxx/yyyy, they are now in
- I do an startup nomount, restore controlfile from new location
- I put the DB in mount mode.
- When I try to restore the BD it fails because backup pieces and not found (restored controlfile says backup pieces should be in
- I try so set
CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMATto the new location (/aaaa/bbb) hoping that RMAN is smart enough to find the backup pieces, but that cannot be done with a backup controlfile.
How can I restore in this scenario where I do have all my backups in another folder than originally backed up to?