In new SQL Server environment, I am trying to setup an performance baseline for some of the counters. Let me explain what I am doing.
I captured the performance counters through the performance monitor and get the data (in CSV format) for around a month's time and use it to find the average which will give an baseline for monthly performance.
- PhysicalDisk (_Total)\Avg. Disk sec/Read,
- PhysicalDisk (_Total)\Avg. Disk sec/Write,
- Processor (_Total)\% Processor Time,
- Memory\Available MBytes,
- SQL Server:Access Methods\Page Splits/sec,
- SQL Server:Buffer Manager\Buffer cache hit ratio,
- SQL Server:Buffer Manager\Page life expectancy,
- SQL Server:SQL Statistics\SQL Compilations/sec,
- SQL Server:SQL Statistics\SQL Re-Compilations/sec.
Can someone explain what I am doing to capture the performance baseline is correct or wrong?