I would like to export a schema (DDL or DDL+data) from Oracle EE (Enterprise Edition) to Oracle XE (Express Edition) for development purpose (in our case: for use as test databases for Java developers).
The source schema contains some features, that are not available in Oracle XE, but none of them is required in development. A target schema can be modified to be compatible with XE.
- partition declarations can be omitted,
- storage declarations omitted or simplified (e.g. as little as possible initial space reserved for tables),
- tablespace declarations omitted or replaced (a single tablespace used in XE),
- materialized views with some advanced features can be simplified or replaced with simple views,
- jobs can be omitted,
- java functions (scarcely used but present in one pl/sql package) can be disabled or imported with compilation errors.
One way to achieve it is to export source DDL to an sql script and then modify it by hand. But I'm curious if you see any other, more efficient way.
- Oracle version: 11g / 12c
- size of an sql file containing DDL: 7MB
Note: There already exists a similar question, but in my case I accept some differences between source and target schema.